- » Work
- » Summer work
Are you thinking of getting a job this summer, here are some websites that may be useful:
http://www.lifeguardsireland.com/ - Get a job as a lifeguard.
http://www.hoteljobs.ie/ - hotel and catering recruitment web site.
http://www.nixers.ie/ - short term, part-time and summer jobs
http://www.bestjobs.ie/ - Daily e-mail notification of jobs extracted from the internet.
www.monsterireland.ie - the international jobs website's Irish website
http://www.jobshop.ie/ - Search jobs in Ireland with google mapping. Find jobs close to home.
http://www.jobfinder.ie/ - a portal for jobs in Ireland.
http://www.nijobs.com - a list of jobs in the whole of Ireland, both north and south of the border
http://www.irishjobs.ie/ - Jobs and resumes. This site provides a focal point to match recruiters with jobseekers.
Unadvertised Summer Vacancies
Many summer jobs are never advertised, so it's up to you to go out there and find them! Here's how:
- Tell everyone that you're looking for work - relatives, neighbours, friends of the family - they may have contacts who could offer a job.
- Follow up on contacts that anyone gives you. Contact companies early - don't leave it till June.
- Consider small and medium sized employers not just the large employers/multinationals
- Contact or call into specific companies that you would be interested in working for. Make a phone call to find out whether they have any summer work available.
- Have your CV ready and up-to-date.
Also did you know you have rights as an employee? It is important that you make yourself aware of your rights & entitlements and exercise those rights.
For information on summer work regarding working hours, age requirements and wages click here to download our publications:
Your Rights Under 18
Part time Work, Your Rights Over 18